Mindful meditation is something that I must do this week to keep my sanity during medical school finals. This type of meditation helps us to become aware of who we are in this moment and to be unconditionally present despite what is going on outside ourselves.
- Lowers stress
- Ability to spend time with ourselves
- Increases signalling connections in our brain
- Increases our ability to bond with others
- Decrease feelings of loneliness
- Reduces Depression
- Helps with sleep disorders
Give it a try....
Find a quiet comfortable place to sit
Begin to quiet your mind and focus on your breathing
Observe the thoughts that enter and leave your mind
Ground yourself through your breath
Continue for 5 minutes
Then begin to get up gradually and go on with your day more calm and relaxed.