Who doesn't have stress in their lives? An easy practice to quickly reduce stress is called the muscle tension relaxation technique and it only takes 10 minutes. Seriously, give it a try today... it feels A M A Z I N G afterwards.
1. Find a comfy place and loosen any tight clothing.
2. Tense your toes and feet. Hold the tension, study the tension, and then relax.
3. Tense your lower legs, knees, and thighs. Hold the tension, study the tension, and then relax.
4. Tense your buttocks. Hold and study the tension. Relax.
5. Tense your fingers and hands. Hold and study the tension, then relax.
6. Tense your lower arms, elbows, and upper arms. Hold it, study it, and relax.
7. Tense your stomach, hold the tension, feel the tension, and relax.
8. Tense your chest. Hold and study the tension. Relax. Take a deep breath and exhale slowly.
9. Tense your lower back. Hold and study the tension and relax.
10. Tense the upper back. Hold the tension, feel the tension, then relax.
11. Tense the neck, back, and front of your neck. Hold the tension, study the tension, and then relax.
12. Tense the shoulders. Hold and study the tension. Then relax.
13. Tense your entire head. Make a grimace on your face so that you feel the tension in your facial muscles. Study the tension and then relax.
14. Now try to tense every muscle in your body. Hold it, study it, and then relax.
15. Continue sitting or reclining for a few minutes, feeling the relaxation flowing through your body. Know the difference between muscles that are tense and muscles that are relaxed.
16. Now stretch, feeling renewed and refreshed; continue with your day feeling like a healthy fashionista!