When was the last time you smelled the subtle floral scents within the air or really tasted your food? Do you miss having fresh breath and clothes that don’t smell of smoke? Are you tired of getting short of breath when you do just a little bit of cardio exercise? Have you tried to quit smoking, but found yourself back at it? These natural stop-smoking aids can help.Read More
I'm so excited to offer you guys such an amazing gift which is a $111.00 value! Jane Iredale is a pioneer in natural skin care and I've been using this line for over a decade now. This natural beauty company offers a rare combination of high quality makeup, stringent testing, and ingredient guidelines to ensure that your skin is looking good from the inside out. They test for heavy metals, are cruelty-free, and are completely transparent with their ingredients...there's is a link on their website to EVERY ingredient they have in their products, check it out
The stunning makeup kit that you can win is the Country Weekend Relaxed Beauty Kit which will give you the perfect balance, infusing nature and color for a glowing look.
FOREVER PEACH JUST KISSED® LIP & CHEEK STAIN
Multipurpose lip and cheek stain uses all natural ingredients to enhance your natural coloring. Non-drying, long-lasting, all natural stain adjusts to your own chemistry for an irresistible peach shade that will flatter your skin’s undertone.
GETAWAY EYE SHADOW KIT
Inspired by fresh air and starry nights, this versatile palette features 5 wearable shades ranging from soft to dramatic, all set in a lightweight compact.
ESPRESSO JELLY JAR® GEL EYELINER
Soft and creamy; glides on smoothly for a defined or smudgeable line, then sets to stay just where you want it. This gel eyeliner is highly pigmented and provides inky, saturated color. Water resistant and long-lasting.
Offer is only in the continental United States
This is a work in progress for me! I absolutely LOVE my work and sometimes find myself immersed so deeply in it that I forget to look up and enjoy the moment. Here's the some tips that I use to be more efficient with my time while setting aside time to have fun!Read More
Want to start fresh in the new year? The most gentle way to rid yourself of toxins is as simple as heat and sweat! By eliminating toxins through your skin you are able to avoid integrating the toxins into your blood stream and increasing the burden to your kidneys and liveRead More
Meditation can have profound effects on the quality of your life, your happiness, and the way you view stress. The coolest part about having your own practice is that it can be anything you want it to be! You can make it into a daily practice, a weekly practice, or just use it when you start to feel stress.Read More
As I'm still slowly unpacking my house in Santa Barbara, I came across this book that my grandmother gave me when I was just 11 years old which still brings a smile to my face each time I open it. I read this book over and over to the point that most of the pages have fallen out!
As I'm going through this book again today with a new perspective and many years studying natural medicine; it's still a great resource.
It has a section called "Top Healing Herbs For Women" which includes some of my favorites like Burdock, Calendula, Passionflower, and Uva-Ursi and easy to read monographs and pictures.
Here is a recipe from the book called 'Super Soup For Super Immunity' that I have made countless times
- 1-2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil or organic olive oil
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 6-7 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 piece of ginger root, 1" long, peeled, and chopped
- 5-7 quarts filtered water
- 6 carrots, chopped
- 1 parsnip, chopped
- 1 medium burdock root, chopped
- 3 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 2 sticks of dried astragulus root
- 1 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup herbs (basil, thyme, oregano, rosemary) chopped
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup barley
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red peppers
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup spinach, cabbage, kale, or collard greens
1. In a large stockpot, saute the onion, celery, garlic, and ginger in oil until the onion turns translucent.
2. Add the water or broth, carrots, parsnip, turnip, burdock, herbs, soy sauce, barley, and lentils. Simmer on low to medium heat for 1 to 2 hours, or until root vegetables start to become tender.
3. Stir in tumeric, paprika, and vinegar. Add hot peppers or cayenne to taste.
4. Add red peppers, zucchini, and greens. Simmer for another 30 to 60 minutes.
5. Remove astragalus root and garnish with black pepper or crushed red pepper.
What's your story.... how did you find natural health?