When was the last time you smelled the subtle floral scents within the air or really tasted your food? Do you miss having fresh breath and clothes that don’t smell of smoke? Are you tired of getting short of breath when you do just a little bit of cardio exercise? Have you tried to quit smoking, but found yourself back at it? These natural stop-smoking aids can help.Read More
Have you ever thought about what you do right after the alarm clock goes off? Do you jump into the shower and then frantically head off to work? Creating a morning ritual gives you time to focus on YOU and what goals (besides that long to-do list) you would like to accomplish.Read More
This is a work in progress for me! I absolutely LOVE my work and sometimes find myself immersed so deeply in it that I forget to look up and enjoy the moment. Here's the some tips that I use to be more efficient with my time while setting aside time to have fun!Read More
Did you know that only 8% of people stick to their New Years goals? We all start the New Year off solid and ready to make some amazing changes. So, why do so many people fail? Well, if it were easy than wouldn't we have already seen the United States disease rates dramatically decline if each person chose to exercise, eat healthy, and learn stress reduction techniques like they set out to do each year? Wouldn't you already be your ideal weight and living your passion? Follow these tips to increase your odds:
What is the 8% doing?
- They set realistic goals and accept that failures occur along the way, which is just part of the journey.
- They don't beat themselves up. Let's say your goal is to go to the gym everyday after work for 2015. Well, what would happen if you missed a day the first week? What would happen if you averaged 3 days a week? This is still a huge success! Don't give up or strive for perfection.
- They understand that changes don't happen overnight. Despite all the hype around the internet that a habit only takes 21 days to establish, research shows that it actually takes at least 66 days .
- They would join my kick-ass FREE program called Manifest YOU! to give them extra tools for success.
Something as simple as gratitude can have profound effects on your health. Have more energy, be more optimistic, and improve your immune system by feeling thankful for what you have in life!
Start by writing down what you are thankful for each day
Tell the people in your life how much you love them
Pay it forward... purchase coffee for the person behind you in line!
And there's science behind it too!
Increase your daily dose of gratitude!
1. They Write It Down: Having a clear vision and actually writing down your goals greatly increases your chances of accomplishing them. A study found that you have a 42% increased chance of meeting your goal by simply writing it down. Have a vision, make it measurable, and give it a timeframe.Read More
Meditation can have profound effects on the quality of your life, your happiness, and the way you view stress. The coolest part about having your own practice is that it can be anything you want it to be! You can make it into a daily practice, a weekly practice, or just use it when you start to feel stress.Read More
Oh yeah, I'm doing it, I'm quoting Kanye "Love your haters, they're your biggest fans". Do you remember that mean girl in high school or someone who just has a negative disposition no matter what you say? Well, this post is for you!Read More
I'm a huge fan of developing relationships and finding mentors for all areas of my life from business, fashion, philanthropy, blogging, medicine, and fitness. Mentors are awesome because they have more experience than you and enjoy teaching you the wisdom that they have acquired over the years!Read More
We all have hangups about our own appearance but how are you interpreting them? Are you nice to yourself? Do you focus on how amazing and beautiful you are....or hung up on that little imperfection that drives you crazy?Read More
Who doesn't have stress in their lives? An easy practice to quickly reduce stress is called the muscle tension relaxation technique and it only takes 10 minutes. Seriously, give it a try today... it feels A M A Z I N G afterwards.
1. Find a comfy place and loosen any tight clothing.
2. Tense your toes and feet. Hold the tension, study the tension, and then relax.
3. Tense your lower legs, knees, and thighs. Hold the tension, study the tension, and then relax.
4. Tense your buttocks. Hold and study the tension. Relax.
5. Tense your fingers and hands. Hold and study the tension, then relax.
6. Tense your lower arms, elbows, and upper arms. Hold it, study it, and relax.
7. Tense your stomach, hold the tension, feel the tension, and relax.
8. Tense your chest. Hold and study the tension. Relax. Take a deep breath and exhale slowly.
9. Tense your lower back. Hold and study the tension and relax.
10. Tense the upper back. Hold the tension, feel the tension, then relax.
11. Tense the neck, back, and front of your neck. Hold the tension, study the tension, and then relax.
12. Tense the shoulders. Hold and study the tension. Then relax.
13. Tense your entire head. Make a grimace on your face so that you feel the tension in your facial muscles. Study the tension and then relax.
14. Now try to tense every muscle in your body. Hold it, study it, and then relax.
15. Continue sitting or reclining for a few minutes, feeling the relaxation flowing through your body. Know the difference between muscles that are tense and muscles that are relaxed.
16. Now stretch, feeling renewed and refreshed; continue with your day feeling like a healthy fashionista!
[gallery type="square" ids="5770,5767,5769"]
The only way to truly grow as a person is to be uncomfortable! I hate giving public speeches and my heart starts to race and my palms start sweating so I entered a speaking competition to get over my fears. I ended up winning the competition but I dreaded that day for weeks! No matter how uncomfortable we feel, just remember that its temporary and the growth you will get from it is priceless. Our fears and phobias are simply something we need to work through.
I also traveled alone to other countries that I didn't speak the language to become more social.
I went skydiving to get over my fear of heights.
I avoided taking science classes and first majored in business until I realized I wanted to become a doctor and then I took EVERY science class.
I ran a marathon to get over my insecurities about my athletic abilities.
I was intimidated by the thought of fixing cars so I bought a '68 mustang and learned to restore it myself.
I sometimes get scared about opening up my own medical practice and worry about finances so I give money away to release those fears and create abundance.
Remember that the only way out is through!
[gallery type="circle" ids="4032,4029,4030"] Defining the self is a lifelong journey. Clearly we are not our bodies, we are not our brains, and we are not defined by our possessions or our accomplishments. The physical self is such a transient representation of who we really are and should never be directly associated with one's character.
One of my favorite motivational speakers and inspirational role models is Aimee Mullins who lost both of her legs as a girl and made that "limitation" an advantage by embracing the fact that she could be a tall as she wanted or wear whatever type of leg she felt like. She even had Alexander McQueen design a leg for her!
[gallery type="circle" ids="4038,4040,4039"]
I love fashion and look at it as a form of self-expression and a creative outlet but it is always a nice reminder that our physical selves and material objects do not define us.