MODULE 4: THE ART OF BLOGGING
VIDEO 1: CREATE YOUR MARKET INTO A PERSON!
EXERCISE: MAKE IT A PERSON
- Where do they live? (urban, rural, suburbs)
- What level of education do they have? (high school, college, professional)
- Where do they go grocery shopping? (grocery outlet, QFC, Whole foods)
- How old are they? (25-35, 35-45, 45-55...)
- What kind of car do they drive? (Prius, VW, Tesla)
- What is their relationship status? (single, married, divorced, widowed)
- What type of activities do they like? (yoga, Crossfit, running)
- Give them a name
VIDEO 2: WRITE A BLOG POST TO THIS PERSON
EXERCISE: CREATE A BLOG POST WITH IMAGES AND A MESSAGE TO THIS PERSON
VIDEO 3: LETS ANALYZE YOUR BLOG POST & CHANGE IT TO EFFECTIVE COPY
EXERCISE: BREAK APART YOUR MESSAGE
EXERCISE: READ THE RESOURCE HANDOUTS & REWRITE YOUR BLOG POST USING A CAPTIVATING HEADLINE, CONCISE AND HELPFUL TIPS, AND A PICTURE THAT APPEALS TO YOUR MARKET
EXERCISE: "PUSH" YOUR BLOG POST TO YOUR CONNECTED ACCOUNTS
VIDEO 4: HOW TO TEACH INSTEAD OF TREAT
EXERCISE: LEARN THE GUIDELINES TO STAY WITHIN OUR SCOPE
- Only give dosages of herbs if it's for a topical remedy
- Refrain from using sentences like "try this herb", "cure this with..."
- Give links for more information for full monographs and contraindications
EXERCISE: ADD A DISCLAIMER TO THE FOOTER OF YOUR WEBSITE
- Integrate the phrase "this website is for educational purposes only, it is not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any disease or condition but rather to promote optimum health and general wellbeing.
- View my 'terms & conditions' page for a more thorough disclaimer.
VIDEO 5: STOP, COLLABORATE, AND LISTEN!
EXERCISE: REACH OUT TO SIMILAR WEBSITES & BLOGS TO START COLLABORATING AND WRITING ARTICLES TO INCREASE YOUR TRAFFIC
- FIND 3 WEBSITES TO WRITE FOR
- FIND 3 BLOGGERS THAT WOULD WORK WELL WITH YOUR BRAND AND REACH OUT TO THEM!
VIDEO 6: BUILDING AN SEO STRATEGY
EXERCISE: PUTTING TOGETHER A SOCIAL MEDIA PLAN
- How often are you going to publish a blog post?
- Do you tag your photos and posts?
- How often are you going to interact with social media
- Who is linking to you?
- What are your key words?
- Are you going to write for other websites?
VIDEO 7: ADDING FUEL TO THE FIRE
We have some "haters" out there online including No Naturopaths.org, David Gorski from Respectful Insolence, and a whole team within a blog called "Science-Based Medicine". Don't let this get your down but use it to fuel your fire and get out there to teach the truth! The best thing we can do to teach people what naturopathic doctors do is to consistently publish good information, let everyone know how we are really trained, and build a large online presence together! After reading those websites DO NOT comment on their website! This will link you to them and come up in your search results. Keep it positive.