MODULE 5: EARNING TRUST ONLINE & MAKING MONEY ONLINE
VIDEO 1: START ENGAGING YOUR AUDIENCE
Are you ready to showcase your website to the world?! Well, having a beautiful website is great, but having a lot of traffic is what you really want. One way to get readers and start out strong is to offer a giveaway. Contests and free gifts entice readers to subscribe to your website and then they will fall in love with all of your amazing content. Rafelcopter is a great free tool to use as part of a campaign because it collects emails and registers each reader who is interested in the giveaway.
EXERCISE: GIVE SOMETHING AWAY FOR FREE TO GET MORE READERS!
- Team up with a local health company to create a giveaway
- Ask a company for a product you would like to promote in a giveaway like Vitamix, Kuvings, Gaia Herbs, ect...
- Create a free Ebook if they subscribe to your website
- Use Rafelcopter
VIDEO 2: GIVE GREAT ADVICE... FOR FREE!
EXERCISE: WATCH BRENDEN BURCHARD'S VIDEOS BELOW AND SEE HOW MUCH GREAT INFORMATION HE GIVES AWAY FOR FREE BUT, HE ALSO SNEAKS IN HIS OTHER PRODUCTS PERFECTLY!
CASE STUDY: BRENDEN BURCHARD
He is an expert at providing valuable information and building trust online! He made his millions by teaching others to monetize their wisdom and expertise (how cool is that!). Brenden offers a lot of valuable information for FREE and then he sells his services.
VIDEO 3: JOIN AFFILIATE NETWORKS TO MAKE A COMMISSION OFF OF EACH PRODUCT THAT YOU ENDORSE
If you are marketing glass water bottles, juicers, books, or any other product in which you love and use then make money off it too! I'm personally not a fan of promoting supplements and taking a monetary gain but, I have no ethical dilemma making commission off a great book or product that I already use. Somebody is already making money off the link that you supply, and if they are purchasing it because of your review, then you should get a cut!
EXERCISE: SIGN UP FOR AFFILIATES AND EMBED THE AMAZON CODE IN YOUR SQUARESPACE ACCOUNT
- CJ Affiliate is one of the largest affiliate websites. Sign up as a publisher and once you are accepted you get to choose the brands you would like to work with. Sign up here
- Amazon pretty much has any product & book you can think of! Sign up here
EXERCISE: CREATE A RECOMMENDED READS PAGE ON YOUR WEBSITE
- Add your favorite books using your amazon account # for seamless integration
VIDEO 4: HAVE OTHER BLOGS PAY TO ADVERTISE ON YOUR WEBSITE!
Once you have been blogging for a while and the traffic on your website is starting to increase steadily, then it's time to sell advertising space on your website! The most important part of selling advertising is that the brands are cohesive with YOUR DEMOGRAPHIC! This is a great way to promote companies and blogs that you really like and it's another way to collaborate! After 3-6 months of consistent blogging sign up for advertising sites.
EXERCISE: SIGN UP FOR PASSIONFRUIT AND WRITE AN INTRO ABOUT YOUR WEBSITE
- list your demographic and message
- list your traffic and the sources
- create a price... start low and then increase the price once your traffic builds
VIDEO 5: CREATE A FREE WEBINAR ABOUT SOMETHING YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT
EXERCISE: CREATE A FREE 1/2 HOUR WEBINAR FOR YOUR READERS!
- Sign up for Go-To-Webinar
- Create a captivating title
- Showcase it on your homepage and add the link for people to sign up
- Create hype for it on all your social media OR write a blog post about it!
- Launch it 2 weeks after you have announced it
- Use your mail chimp to let your current subscribers know about it!
VIDEO 6: CREATE A FREE YOUTUBE PROGRAM WITH A SUBSCRIBE LINK ON YOUR WEBSITE
Meeting people and earning trust online is different than in person! Your readers need time to get to know you before they view you as a credible source. Creating a free video series gives people from AROUND THE WORLD a chance to meet you and learn something from you! The quality of the video doesn't matter nearly as much as the content inside!
EXERCISE: CREATE A 3 PART VIDEO SERIES ON YOUTUBE
- Keep each video short and concise... 15 minutes MAX
- Go to the resource section of Branding Rx and find free video editing tools
- Upload the videos to Youtube and choose if you want them just on your website (than opt for "unlisted") or if you want them public then leave the standard settings.
- Create a separate 'list' in mailchimp for the video series and put a subscribe link on your website
- Choose a date you are planning to release the program (2 weeks, 1 month out...)
- Create hype: tweet it, share it on LinkedIn, blog about it, announce it on Facebook, share of video of the production on Instagram...
VIDEO 7: SELL A PAID PROGRAM OR SERVICE AT THE END OF YOUR FREE PROGRAM
Always bring everything you talk about back to your website and a paid program!!! Think about what services you want to sell. If you are a student than stick to general programs instead of individual consulting. If you are a doctor than share your clinic website and offer more detailed online programs.
EXERCISE: CREATE A PAID SERVICE TO SELL AT THE END OF YOUR FREE SERVICE
- Create a program for your demographic based on YOUR passion!
- Showcase your clinic
- Offer individual consulting
- Offer a retreat or seminar
VIDEO 8: BE CONSISTENT & YOU WILL HAVE RESULTS!
It takes time and consistency before you will make money online BUT you will be able to build your brand and get your message out to thousands, if not millions of people. Don't give up or get discouraged... just keep going and you will be successful.
EXERCISE: WATCH THIS VIDEO
From Angel Lee Duckworth to stay motivated for the long haul and the correlation between grit & success!
BONUS: KEEPING PINNING!
Pinterest is currently growing faster than Twitter and is a great way to drive traffic to your website. Create a 'board' dedicated to your website and pin all the images to that board. Write a clear description of each pin so when visitors on pinterest are searching for something YOUR images will come up. This will drive more people to your website and increase your readership!
EXERCISE: CREATE A WEBSITE BOARD ON PINTERST
- Pin all of your images
- Provide a detailed description... the better the description to more traffic to your website