Finally, I have found a country that isn't afraid to use garlic and lots of it. It's a very nice thing to be living alone right now, because I have no idea if I smell like garlic to anyone else :) Almost everyday since I've arrived I have eaten tzatziki!
Authentic Greek Tzatziki
What you need
- 1/2 organic cucumber, unpeeled
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt (the real thing, not the 0% fat)
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced dill
- Grate the cucumber.
- Combine the yogurt, garlic, and oil in a large bowl.
- Now, add the grated cucumber and fresh dill to the yogurt mixture and stir to combine. Serve chilled with pita bread for dipping.