As the temperatures drop there's nothing more inviting than a warm cup of tea to snuggle up with next to the fire. The best part about making chai tea is that you can pretty much create it any way you like and it always tastes great!
Want to stimulate blood flow ... add a dash of cayenne
Having digestive problems... put a pinch of fennel
Looking for something a little sweeter... throw in some vanilla bean
Still want more spice... sprinkle on some orange peels or cloves
Going to play in the snow... add a little extra ginger to get warmed up
Ingredients (per cup)
- 2 green cardamom pods
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1-2 pieces cinnamon
- Fresh ginger 2-3 thin slices
- 3/4 cup water and 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons Assam black tea
1. heat water and milk as the mixture warms add the fresh ginger along with the other spices which should be roughly 1/4 teaspoon per cup.
2. When water is close to boil add the black tea.
3. Steep for 2 minutes.
4. Pour into cup through a strainer and enjoy!
This long-time Seattle favorite has a great blend of Black Tea, Ginger, Black Pepper, Cinnamon, Orange Peel, Astragalus, Cardamom, Coriander, Galangal, Ginko, Gotu-Kola, Fo-Ti, Nutmeg, Cloves, Vanilla Bean