Don't get me wrong, the Greeks know how to make a mean salad but sometimes it's fun to change up old classics!
What you need
- 1 bunch purslane (read my post on the benefits)
- a handful of lettuce
- 1/4th of a red diced onion
- 2 cups of sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of cashews
- handful of crumbled up feta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4th cup extra virgin olive oil
What to do
- Tear the purslane into small pieces along with the lettuce, then add to a large bowl.
- Add the sliced cherry tomatoes, cashews, diced red onion, and feta cheese to the bowl.
- In a separate small bowl add 1/4th cup olive oil and 2 cloves of minced garlic. mix well.
- Then, pour the garlic infused olive oil on top of the salad and whoolah!