"The quieter you become the more you are able to hear" Rumi
Finding ways to relax and clear the mind is beneficial to every part of our being. Meditation is totally free and can pretty much be done anywhere.
Click here to enjoy a guided mediation
Perform this muscle relaxation technique below
- Loosen your clothing, take off your shoes, and get comfortable.
- Take a few minutes to relax, breathing in and out in slow, deep breaths.
- When you’re relaxed and ready to start, shift your attention to your right foot. Take a moment to focus on the way it feels.
- Slowly tense the muscles in your right foot, squeezing as tightly as you can. Hold for a count of 10.
- Relax your right foot. Focus on the tension flowing away and the way your foot feels as it becomes limp and loose.
- Stay in this relaxed state for a moment, breathing deeply and slowly.
- When you’re ready, shift your attention to your left foot. Follow the same sequence of muscle tension and release.
- Move slowly up through your body, contracting and relaxing the muscle groups as you go.
- It may take some practice at first, but try not to tense muscles other than those intended.
Have a wonderful day!
Photography by Jared Duhon of J. Duhon Photography