Sometimes the most potent cure for the common cold is right in front of us! Onion ear muffs are great for fighting ear infections while a carrot poultice can soothe a sore throat.
Use for: Sore Throats. The carrot poultice stimulates the body’s natural healing processes, cleanses, cools inflammation, supports cervical lymphatic movement, and reduces pain.
- One large carrot
- Cotton cloth (12” x 12”) - handkerchief, cheesecloth, etc.
- Wool scarf
- Plastic wrap
- Grate a large carrot then place it on the center one-third of the cotton cloth. Fold the other two thirds of the cotton cloth over the carrot, creating a packet (with one thickness of cloth under the carrot).
- Apply the single thickness side of cloth and carrot packet to the front of neck and cover with plastic wrap and a wool scarf, fasten in place.
- Leave poultice in place for a minimum of 30 minutes.
Onion Ear Muffs
Used for: Ear pain & ear infections. The volatile oils are anti-microbial and decrease inflammation, while the warmth is soothing to irritated ears
1. Cut onion in half.
2. Gently heat the onion halves
3. Hold it 2 inches from the infected ear for 10 minutes