[gallery type="square" ids="5782,5784,5783"] Adding spices to your meals doesn't only give it a delicious flavor but it is also medicine!
Curcumin: is a component of an Indian spice named Tumeric which is commonly found in curry dishes. The benefits of curcumin are certainly no secret since it has been used in Asia and the middle-east for the past 5000 years yet science is uncovering new uses every day.
The many benefits of this wonderful spice include:
- Anti-Inflammatory ( natural COX-2 inhibitor)
- Anti-Cancer (esp. brain cancer and melanoma)
- Protection against Alzheimer’s disease (by preventing amyloid buildup)
- Aids in fat metabolism
- Supports cardiovascular health
Purchase it here: Indian Spice Turmeric (Curcumin) Powder 14oz-
Rosemary: it contains compounds that prevent the breakdown of acetylcholine (a neurotransmitter that is responsible for forming memories) and it also improves circulation within the brain.
Rosemary infusions can be used for:
- Improving memory
- Increasing circulation
- Relieving menstrual cramps
- Aiding in digestion
- Eliminating yeast infections
- Improving rheumatic disorders
- Fighting viruses
Purchase it here: Frontier Rosemary Leaf Whole, 16 Ounce Bags (Pack of 2)
Cinnamon: has been proven to aid in the regulation of blood sugar and helps to reduce LDL (the bad cholesterol) to help improve overall cardiovascular function.
It can also be helpful in:
- infections (due to its anti-infectious compounds)
- reduce pain (especially linked to arthritis)
- balance hormones (Cinnamon contains a natural chemical called cinnamaldehyde, which studies show increases the hormone progesterone and decreases testosterone production in women)